Toni Ferrer / Bio
Toni Ferrer is a trilingual (Catalan, Spanish, English) native from Spain with over twenty years of experience as a Spanish tutor. She teaches students of all ages (kids/teens/adults) and levels, and has taught Spanish in Spain (Valencia), the UK (London), and the US (Boston/New York area).
She specializes in Spanish Tutoring, translations, and interpretations. Her lessons include holistic and creative methods of teaching because learning should be fun, focusing on the physical and mental well being of her students; providing a positive learning environment, and putting the students in a state of mind where they can more effectively learn a new language, while loving the journey, and opening the door to endless and exciting new possibilities.
She offers a variety of options for her students:
- One-on-one lessons, semi-privates (2 students), and groups of up to 8 students
- Family classes
- In-person and/or online classes
- Individuals or companies
- Summer camps
- Classes customized to the student needs: conversation, grammar, writing, movement, and laughter
- Expertise in financial, business, Real Estate, medical, and artificial language (ALT) vocabulary
- Translations and live interpretations
- Coordination of three different Spanish learning programs abroad in Spain and Argentina
- Gift certificates and memberships available.
Established in 1984.
It all started in her sunny Mediterranean hometown, Javea, in the Valencia region of Spain, as a teenager wanting to practice her English in the summer months when school was out, with British, Dutch, and German senior citizens retired there. Since they didn't know Spanish, they asked her to teach them Spanish in exchange for their help with her English. By midsummer she had a waiting list of students, including tourists, willing to pay to learn Spanish with her. They were finally enjoying being able to communicate with the locals! And that's how Toni Ferrer Studio was born.
She's also a certified Gyrotonic, Gyrokinesis, Pilates Mat, and Laughter Yoga teacher, which sometimes becomes part of the lesson.
And, in the near future, she hopes to go skydiving, just for fun.